About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
I am a singer/song-writer from Fife, Scotland, studying Popular Music Performance - Vocals at Perth College, UHI.

Saturday 12 March 2011

This Week...

Hello!

This week started off as usual with college. For singing I've been asked to pick three songs from the same genre to work on for my next assessment. I think I'll go for the genre of 'musicals' as it will be something different for me and it gives me a wide range of songs to choose from. We also had our first band rehearsal for band. Our drummer was absent but we managed to get some ideas flowing. We didn't really come out with a product but it was good for us to discuss what kind of sound we wanted.

Rehearsals for 'Streets' are going great and I've managed to learn the majority of my songs off by heart. Now I just need to focus on learning my lines and understanding my character a bit more. The cast have really started bonding which is great because it means we can all have a laugh while we rehearse.

I also had a small rehearsal for the other musical I'm taking part in - the Brit Pop one. Unfortunately the majority of people involved failed to show up but we managed to get some songs practised. I just hope that this doesn't become a running theme with these rehearsals because it's a shame on Ali, who is directing it, and he rest of us who have made the effort to show up.

On Thursday I got a phone call from The Rule, a pub in St. Andrews, saying that their live music act had pulled out last minute and asking me to play. I've been really ill all week with a cold and sore throat but I said yes and The Rule really appreciated it. I'm glad I did say yes because I got paid well, I enjoyed the gig and The Rule definitely like me a lot more now which means more future gigs! The only problem was that it made my throat worse.

I have a gig tonight at One Golf Place, another St. Andrews pub. Hopefully my throat will be able to last the full two hour set. I just need to look after myself better than I have been.

Anyway I better go get ready!

Amy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment