About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
I am a singer/song-writer from Fife, Scotland, studying Popular Music Performance - Vocals at Perth College, UHI.

Friday 6 May 2011

Papa Paparazzi

Hey!


So I've managed to get in the paper quite a lot this week. The BandStand gig showed up a few times in the local paper, a few adverts for my recent gig at The New Inn and a lot of coverage on the Royal Wedding Breakfast at St. Salvator's Quad in St. Andrews which I played at. I even got a mention in The Daily Record which I think is the biggest newspaper I've been mentioned in to date.


The EP is COMPLETELY FINISHED! Finally. This weekend I will be sending it off to be pressed, can't wait! I just hope they will be done and arrived by the end of May, fingers crossed. 


Rehearsals for Finn's musical 'Streets' are going great, only 4 weeks until the show. Although I am finding it difficult juggling two musical s, learning all the songs, lines and blocking. 


The other musical I am in - 'For Tomorrow' - is in 2 weeks and I am very worried. There has been very little rehearsal and I have been so busy I haven't had much of a chance to learn lines. I will make time today to sort this out but somehow I don't think this musical will be quite as successful as Finn's which is well rehearsed and organized.


Tomorrow morning I will record the 5 new songs I have written to fulfill my graded unit aim - 'Write 5 new songs'. It shouldn't take long as I will only be recording guitar and vocals. In the afternoon I will be recording with the band I am in 'Arcade Apocalypse'.


I have so much to do that I constantly feel like I'm forgetting something...not a good feeling.


Til next time!


Amy x


P.S. Here is a newspaper cutting of me playing at the BandStand gig! And also making a somewhat unattractive singing face!





No comments:

Post a Comment