About Me

My photo
Scotland, United Kingdom
I am a singer/song-writer from Fife, Scotland, studying Popular Music Performance - Vocals at Perth College, UHI.

Friday 25 February 2011

Fatties!

The title wasn't meant to offend I just wanted to congratulate all the bands in my year for their fantastic performances at Fat Sam's, Dundee, this Wednesday just passed. Everyone was amazing and I was totally blown away by how much talent is in our year.
I had a great time performing with my grunge band - 'The Dave Grohl Experience'. Our original song ('Cock Chin' a lament about man with a mutant cock on his chin) was a huge success and we even got the audience to sing along (most of the audience being our classmates who have already heard the song a billion times). Anyway it was a great night.

I am still playing my weekly gigs at the Byre Theatre in St. Andrews every Saturday. The pay is good but the audience aren't always that responsive.
I played at The Rule in St. Andrews last Thursday. I've been playing there every now and then for a while now and they've asked me to play once a month which is great. The audience at The Rule are a lot more fun and up for singing along and giving me feedback which is great.

I have decided on my aims for my Graded Unit which is good because it means I can start working towards them. My aims are:



  1. Achieve at least a B for my Graded Unit Project.
  2. Successfully complete HND Popular Music Performance Year 1.
  3. Record and produce an EP of my own original songs which I will be able to sell at my future gigs by the end of May 2011.
  4. Develop a website for the promotion of my music by the end of May 2011.
  5. Keep a record of all the gigs I have played from February 2011 to May 2011.
  6. Write 5 new songs before the end of May 2011.
  7. Increase my fan base before the end of May 2011.


Hopefully these aims will be realistic and I'll be able to get them done before the deadline. I've started recording my EP with my friend Ben so at least that has already begun.

Rehearsals for Finn's musical are already under way. Next Saturday we have a full day rehearsal to go through Act 1 which I'm excited about, mainly because it will be the first time the whole cast has been together. Can't wait!

Anyway I better get on with finishing my Planning Stage for my Graded Unit off. Nearly done!

Amy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment